Baked Pear with Maple Syrup, Vietnamese Cinnamon and Sprouted Buckwheat GranolaIngredients
- 2 large ripe pears, halved and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Miyoko’s butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
- Pinch of ground vanilla bean (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt or cashew sour cream
- 1/4 cup sprouted buckwheat granola
- Lemon zest from 1 small lemon
- 1/8 tsp maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Oil or butter an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla bean.
- Slice the pears in half and gently scoop out the seeds and any portion of the stem that is tough.
- Gently rub the pears with the maple syrup mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy hot from oven or serve slightly chilled for a refreshing dessert. Serve the baked pears with vegan yogurt (our favorite is young coconut yogurt that we make on site) followed by the sprouted buckwheat granola.
- To finish, sprinkle with maldon sea salt and lemon zest.
- Drizzle the pears with a little of the pan sauce that collects in the pan during the course of bake.